October has always been a favorite month of mine... Fall... yada, yada, yada (I know everyone is sick of me talking about Autumn fashion / foods / colors / weather). BUT - I just discovered a new reason to love October!
It is National American Cheese Month.
According to the official American Cheese Society website:
"American Cheese Month is a celebration of North America’s delicious and diverse cheeses, and the farmers, cheesemakers, retailers, cheesemongers, and chefs who bring them to your table."
Whole Foods in Santa Rosa (Yulupa Ave) is hosting a special American Cheese Month Cheese Tasting Event for anyone who wants to attend on Tuesday, October 14th from 6pm – 7pm.
To let everyone know about the event - and American Cheese Month in general, they provided me with a $50 gift certificate to Whole Foods for a social media contest for my online friends!
Join me in sharing your favorite American Cheese and Beer/Wine pairing on Instagram & I will pick one person at random to win a $50 gift card.
- Share a picture of your favorite beer/wine and American cheese pairing (no fancy French cheeses will be allowed).
- Tag @sharayray AND @WholeFoodsMarketSantaRosa in the photos (tag us in the description OR use the tagging option) and use the hashtag #BeerWineCheesePairing
- I will pick a winner (at random from those who followed the first two rules) and will regram the pic on Wed, October 8th at 6pm(ish) PST.
- Winners must be over 21+ and live within 60 miles of the Whole Foods Market Santa Rosa (SF, Napa, Berkeley, Ukiah - you all count).
- I will ask the winner to email me their address, and if I do not hear back from the winner within 24 hours... I will choose another winner.